The conference will take place in the medieval and early modern buildings of ‘Het Pand’, a former Dominican monastery which is the Culture and Congress Centre of Ghent University, beside the river Leie in the historic centre of Ghent.
Address: Het Pand, Onderbergen 1, 9000 Ghent, Belgium, http://www.ugent.be/het-pand/en
Accommodation in Ghent:
There are many possibilities for your stay in Ghent. The conference venue is located in the historic centre of this Flemish city where accommodation is easy to find. Here are some ideas:
- Uppelink Hostel, http://www.hosteluppelink.com, Sint-Michielsplein 21, 9000 Gent. Located right in the city centre approximately 300m from the conference venue, ideal location for students. Rooms from €24 per person/night breakfast included.
- 13 O’Clock Hostel, http://www.13oclock.be, Universiteitstraat 13, 9000 ent,. Located near the city centre of Ghent and close to the University buildings, ideal location for students. About 600m from the conference venue, rooms available from €30 euro per person/night no breakfast included.
- IBIS Hotel Centrum (St.-Baafs Kathedraal), Limburgstraat 2, 9000 Gent. A hotel located next to one of the three towers that dominate the skyline of Ghent and only 50m away from the UNESCO World Heritage Belfry. About 700m walk form the conference venue and rooms available from €70 per room/night breakfast included.
- NOVOTEL Gent Centrum, Goudenleeuwplein 5, 9000 Gent. The hotel is located on one of the touristic hotspots of the city, right in the historic city centre. About 600m away from the conference venue. Rooms are available from €75 per room/night, breakfast included.
- NH Gent Belfort, Hoogpoort 63, 9000 Gent. A four star hotel located in one of the historic sites of Ghent. Next to the town hall and the belfry, situated approximately 800m away from the conference venue and rooms available from €100 per room/night, breakfast included.
- Marriott Hotel, Korenlei 10, 9000 Gent. This four star hotel is located right in the city centre and on the baks of the river Lys. Close to the most famous historic buildings of Ghent. The hotel is located 400m away from the conference venue and rooms are available from €130 per room/night breakfast included.